The queen of hills Darjeeling lies at a height of 6710 feet above sea level is one of the most beautiful hill stations of the world. With the majestic Kanchendzonga settled on its horizon and tea gardens carpeting the hillocks beauty is immortal here.
Our Darjeeling tour packages from Chennai
offers you a wide range of things to see and do when here in the queen of hills.
Darjeeling is world renowned for the immaculate beauty it possesses and the high unmatched quality of the most favorite beverage of India i.e. tea.
It is not only these two things that put Darjeeling among the top hill stations of the world but the diverse culture, friendly people, activities and a large number of sightseeing spots too have escalated Darjeeling to its golden heights in the field of tourism.
Some of the best things to do and see in Darjeeling would be:-
- The Batasia loop is a war memorial built for the brave Gorkha warriors on a small hillock who sacrificed their lives in the wars that broke out after 1947. The view of Darjeeling town and the majestic Kanchendzonga from this small hillock is simply astounding.
- The toy train that chugs up and down the hill with a column of smoke emerging from the chimney on the engine is a pleasing sight. On seeing and taking a ride on this train that has chugged up and down the hill since centuries makes you feel as if you are in the initial stages of urbanization. The train is also a UNESCO world heritage property.
- Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park is a must visit for animal lovers. The red panda that the zoo houses is one of the main attractions as this animal is an endangered species that has almost disappeared from the face of the earth. The zoo also has other endangered and rare animals such as the royal Bengal tiger, snow leopard, jaguar, clouded leopard and a large variety of birds. It also has salamanders which are found no where else in India.
- The large number of temples, monasteries, mosques and churches here is proof enough that the cultural diversity of the town is really great. Festivals of each community are celebrated with a great deal of zeal and enthusiasm. Some of the monasteries and churches established here are centuries old and the aura they possess is really sanctifying.
- Trekking in Darjeeling is a activity that is filled with adventure and excitement. Rock climbing is a sport that is very common here and is open to any one who would like to try.
- A trip to Darjeeling would be incomplete with out a visit to the famed tea gardens. Take a walk in the tea gardens taking in the freshness of the lush green tea leaves that have mesmerized people from all walks of life. When you are on a visit to a tea garden do not forget to visit a factory and gain knowledge about how tea is processed. This is an experience that you will not forget.
- Take our Darjeeling packages from Chennai and enjoy the inviting beauty of this queen of hills with excitement, fun and religion rolled into one.
For booking of Darjeeling tour packages from Chennai please contact our executive or visit to our Global Vision Tours Chennai office
at the below given address:
Old No 22,New No 38,PR Complex,Door No 108,Thambiah Road Ext.,West Mambalam Chennai-17
Mrs C K Sathi Kurup
Email : email@example.com